Calling all makers, artisans, producers and crafters in Alberta!
If you have a product that is made in Alberta, you may be eligible for the Made in Alberta Awards. The awards celebrate the ingenuity, creativity and quality of Alberta products. Getting the word out about local businesses can be hard, but the Made in Alberta Awards is your chance to share the news about your great product. The awards celebrate locally made goods in 10 categories: Furnishings and Home Decor, Fashion and Accessories, Games and Leisure, Beauty, Food (savoury and sweet), Drink (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), Crafts and Unique Products. If it’s made in Alberta and available for retail sale in the province until September 2020, it’s eligible!
One overall winner will recieve a grand prize of
Entry fee: $100 per entry.
Eligibility: Any Alberta business or maker with a product that is made in the province and that will be available for retail purchase in Alberta through to the end of September 2020 is eligible to enter.
Visit the FAQ page.
Reasons to Enter
1. One overall winner will receive a $5,000 cash prize. All category winners will receive a $1,000 advertising credit with Avenue that can be used in either Avenue Calgary or Edmonton for print or digital advertising. (For use between September 2020 and August 2021, subject to availability.)
2. The overall winner, category winners and up to five runners-up in each category will be featured in the Made in Alberta Awards print coverage in Avenue Calgary and Edmonton magazines in September 2020. With a monthly readership of more than 300,000, that means your product could be exposed to a huge audience. They will also be featured on social media channels and the Made in Alberta Awards website.
3. All eligible entrants will be featured on the Made in Alberta Awards website for the Readers’ Choice Award. The winner of the Readers’ Choice Award will be determined by an online voting process. Last year, nearly 5,000 people voted.
4. Category winners and runners-up will have the opportunity to participate free of charge in our Made in Alberta markets at Southcentre and Kingsway.
5. The judging panel, including editors of Avenue, will review all entries, so you guarantee that your product is seen by experts in your field and the editors of Alberta’s largest lifestyle publication.
6. All eligible entrants will be able to use the Made in Alberta Awards program logo on their entered product and packaging.
7. All entrants will receive 15 per cent off tickets to all Made in Alberta Awards events. In 2019, that included a conference and awards celebration in Calgary. This year, events are planned for both Edmonton and Calgary.
Beauty: Cosmetics, skincare and haircare. Wellness and healthcare products are not eligible.
Craft: Items that are handmade by a single maker, including paper goods such as stationery and journals, textiles, leather goods, baskets, musical instruments, woodwork and more.
Drink – alcoholic: Packaged alcoholic drinks.
Drink – non-alcoholic: Packaged non-alcoholic drinks.
Fashion and Accessories: Clothing, footwear, accessories and jewellery.
Food – Savoury: Savoury edible packaged food items, including ingredients.
Food – Sweet: Sweet edible packaged food items, including ingredients.
Furnishings and Home Decor: Furniture and home decor items for both home interiors and outdoors, including garden and patio.
Games and Leisure: Sporting equipment, outdoor gear, pet items, games and toys.
Unique Product: Products that do not fit any other category.
Timeline for 2020
Entries Open: General entries open on November 1, 2020.
Entry deadline: All entry forms must be completed by February 29, 2020.
Product delivery: If your product is shortlisted, we may contact you for judging samples.
Avenue magazine Issue: September 2020.
DAYS LEFT TO ENTER
Is there an Alberta-made product that you love? Let the makers know you admire their work.
Share the company’s contact below and we will reach out to them with more information about entering the Made in Alberta Awards.
View the 2019 Winners
Made in Alberta Awards
The Made in Alberta Awards celebrate great Alberta products, businesses and ingenuity. By highlighting Alberta-made products through a variety of channels, including digital, in print and in person, the Made in Alberta Awards program supports and promotes local businesses and encourages people to shop local.
Proudly made in Alberta.